Taco Bell’s live mas scholarship is not your usual type of scholarship, it is quite different from most scholarships.
This is due to the fact that unlike several popular scholarships that grant financial aid to students according to grades or athletic ability, the Taco Bell Foundation grants live mas scholarship worth about $25,000 each to hundreds of students every year according to their passion and drive!
This post entails everything you are required to know about, the application process, and the requirements for the Live Más Scholarships.
What is the live mas scholarship?
The Taco Bell live mas scholarship is a scholarship granted to students according to passion. This scholarship is targeted at students aged 16-24.
The Taco Bell Foundation grants this scholarship to students who are tagged “Passioneers” — fresh creators, inventors, and idealists who want to share and seek their passion through higher education.
Is the live mas scholarship Only for Taco Bell Employees?
The Taco Bell scholarship is not meant for only Taco Bell employees. You are not expected to be a Taco Bell employee to apply for the live mas scholarship. They are accessible for both Non-Taco Bell Employees and Taco Bell Employees.
The Taco Bell Foundation provides three various programs to apply for and win Live Más Scholarships:
- The live mas scholarship Program (For Non-Taco Bell Employees)
- The scholarship for Restaurant Employees Program (For Taco Bell Employees Only)
- The live mas scholarship Renewal Program (For Previous Winners of a Más Scholarship)
You just have to context with students who apply for the live mas scholarship under a similar program as you. The Taco Bell Foundation selects nearly 100 victors from each program.
How Much is the live mas scholarship Worth?
For every of the three application tracks mentioned above, the Taco Bell Foundation grants up to $1 million worth of live mas scholarship in ranging amounts:
- About $5,000 per recipient for up to 30 recipients
- About $10,000 per recipient for up to 60 recipients
- About $25,000 per recipient for up to 10 recipients
Nevertheless, as the Taco Bell Foundation stated, the amount of beneficiaries for every of the live mas scholarship is flexible. There could be extra or fewer winners for each scholarship bracket relying on a variety of factors.
Eligibility Requirements for the live mas scholarship
Taco Bell Foundation stated that you have to conform to the following prerequisites to be qualified to apply for a live mas scholarship as a new applicant:
- Be a legitimate inhabitant of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia (“D.C.”) who is at least 16 years of age and no older than 24 years of age, found in the United States or D.C.
- On-track to apply for, pending receipt of a high school diploma or G.E.D. equivalent, or are presently registered in an accredited post-high school/post-secondary educational program (including accredited two- and four-year colleges, universities, vocational, technical, and trade schools).
- Have not priorly obtained a live mas scholarship.
- Receive and submit written authorization from a parent or legal guardian if you are assessed a minor in your state of residence
- For the live mas scholarship for Restaurant Employees Program, the qualifications prerequisites are the same as the general qualification standards above but also expect you to:
-Be a worker of Taco Bell of America, LLC, Taco Bell Corp. or any of its franchisees or licensees, with at least three months of constant employment with such entity in a restaurant position (Team Member, Trainer, Shift Leader, Assistant General Manager, or Restaurant General Manager, etc..) as of the last day of the program period.
-Work with the Taco Bell Foundation’s Scholarship Management Company throughout the application and grant process.
-Point out the specific post-secondary education program, college, or certificate/degree alternative you prefer to get into, or for which you require funds. You may be seeking to register or already registered in this secondary educational program.
And, lastly, to be qualified for the live mas scholarship Renewal Program, you must fit the following requirements:
- Be a legal resident of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia (“D.C.”) and be located in the United States or D.C.
- Formerly have earned a live mas scholarship via the Taco bell scholarship Program or the Scholarship Program for Taco Bell Restaurant Employees
- Presently enrolled in an accredited post-high school/post-secondary academic program located in the United States or D.C. (including accredited two- and four-year colleges, universities, vocational-technical, and trade schools) and in reasonable educational status
- Have utilized or substantially used up (75% or more) of granted sums from a prior live mas scholarship prior to the Selection Period
- Be ready to work with the Taco Bell Foundation’s Scholarship Management Company throughout the application and grant process.
How to Apply for the live mas scholarship
To apply for a live mas scholarship, you will be required to submit a video, varying anywhere from 30 seconds to 2 minutes.
The video must deal with these questions:
- What post-secondary education program, college or certificate/degree program are you attending?
- What influence will pursue your passion have on your local community or the world?
- How do you intend to accomplish your passion through your academic goals?
- What is your dream college, school, or next step in your education?
You have to be creative in how you speak about yourself and your passion.
Once you’ve produced your video, visit the Taco Bell Foundation website during the application period, and click “Apply.” Then, follow the on-screen instructions to fill out your information and submit your video.
Live mas scholarship Application Timeline
Determining the application timeline based on the previous application here are the significant dates for the Live Más Scholarship:
- November: The Live Más Scholarship application begins at the beginning of the month
- January: The application closes toward the end of the month
- January – May: The Taco Bell Foundation evaluates all of the applications and chooses the winners
- Mid-May: 100 winners from each of the 3 application tracks are announced
- August-September: The live mas scholarship funds are disbursed
Check out other Scholarships:
- ROTC Scholarship
- Jack Kent Cooke Scholarship
- Scholarships for Women
- How to Write Scholarship Thank You Letter
- Mckay Scholarship
- Bright Futures Scholarship
- Fulbright Scholarship
- National Merit Scholarship
- Horatio Alger Scholarship
- Arkansas Scholarship Lottery
- Are Scholarships Taxable
- Coalition Application
- Excelsior Scholarship
- Hope Scholarship
Get a Scholarship to study abroad Now! Fill this Form to Apply Today!