Here’s everything you need to know about Burger King Scholarship 2021. If you wish to apply for this scholarship, then take out time to go through all the basic requirements and method of application.
Please kindly take note of all the Burger King Scholarship requirements, as they will help you understand the things you need to qualify for this educational aid.
Ever since its establishment in 2000, the Burger King Scholars program has granted over $44 million in scholarships to assist over 39,000 students.
- 1 About the Burger King Scholarship
- 2 Burger King Scholarship Worth?
- 3 Are You Expected to Work at Burger King to Apply?
- 4 Burger King Scholarship Eligibility Requirements
- 5 How to Apply for a Burger King Scholarship
- 6 Application Timeline for the Burger King Scholarship
About the Burger King Scholarship
In a bid to commemorate the Burger King brand co-founder, James W. McLamore, the Burger King scholarships are for students who indicate virtue, high precepts, entrepreneurial devotion, good citizenship, and a commitment to their academics.
If you earn the Burger King scholarship, you can use your grant money to pay for education, fees, and needed books at accredited two- or four-year colleges/universities in the United States, Canada, or Puerto Rico.
Burger King Scholarship Worth?
The worth of the Burger King scholarship ranges from $1,000 to $50,000. More beneficiaries will collect $1,000 scholarships, but each year the Burger King Scholars program also awards:
- About 3 James W. McLamore WHOPPER® scholarships of $50,000 awarded to the most highly eligible students indicating leadership, significant work experience, and monetary need
- About 12 Regional awards of $5,000 awarded to the two most eligible employees in each of six regions from the pool of qualified and complete Burger King scholarship applicants
- One (1) Steven M. Lewis Foundation grant of $5,000 bestowed to the most eligible U.S. Restaurants employee from the pool of qualified and submitted applicants aligned to U.S. Restaurants
- About four (4) Bravokilo, Inc./Bravotampa, LLC grants of $5,000 bestowed to the most eligible Bravokilo, Inc./Bravotampa, LLC employees from the pool of qualified and submitted applicants aligned to Bravokilo, Inc. or Bravotampa, LLC
- One (1) Ghai Management grant of $5,000 bestowed to the most eligible Ghai Management worker from the pool of qualified and submitted Burger King scholarship applicants aligned to Ghai Management
- One (1) Carrols LLC grant of $5,000 bestowed to the most eligible Carrols LLC employee from the pool of qualified and submitted applicants aligned to Carrols LLC
Are You Expected to Work at Burger King to Apply?
Not really, it is true that some of the aforementioned scholarships are awarded only to employees, not all of them are.
The $1,000 and $50,000 scholarships are accessible to all high school seniors who meet the Burger King scholarship eligibility prerequisites.
There are also two various application tracks to select from when applying for a Burger King scholarship:
- BURGER KING® General Track – Accessible to all high school seniors who are seeking an undergraduate degree at a U.S. accredited college/university and meet the eligibility prerequisites.
- BURGER KING® Employee-Based Track – Accessible to workers, spouses or domestic partners of employees, and dependent children of workers who are seeking an undergraduate or graduate degree at a U.S. accredited college/university and meet the eligibility prerequisites.
Burger King Scholarship Eligibility Requirements
The eligibility prerequisites for both the General Track and the Employee-Based Track.
BURGER KING® General Track Eligibility Prerequisites
In order to be eligible to apply through the general application track, you must:
- Applicants for the Burger King scholarship must be residing in the United States, Canada, or Puerto Rico
- Have to be a graduating high school senior (U.S. and Puerto Rico), graduating from grade 12 (Canada) or graduating from homeschool education in the U.S., Puerto Rico or Canada
- Maintain a total high school grade point average of 2.5 or higher on a 4.0 scale, or the equivalent
- Intend to enroll full-time, without break, for the whole upcoming educational year at an accredited two- or four-year college, university or vocational-technical school in the U.S., Canada or Puerto Rico
BURGER KING® Employee-Based Track Eligibility Prerequisite
To apply through the Burger King scholarship employee-based track, you must:
- Be residing in the United States, Canada or Puerto Rico
- Be a worker of Burger King Corporation or a participating BURGER KING® franchisee (Franchisees)
- Be a spouse (unless lawfully separated) or household partner of an employee of Burger King Corporation or Franchisees
- Applicants for the Burger King scholarship must be a dependent child of an employee of Burger King Corporation or Franchisees (Designated Employer)
- Be a graduating high school senior (U.S. and Puerto Rico) or have obtained a GED, graduating from grade 12 (Canada), graduating from homeschool education in the U.S., Puerto Rico or Canada or recent college undergraduates or graduate-level students in the U.S., Puerto Rico or Canada
- To apply for the Burger King scholarship form, you must have a total grade point average of 2.5 or higher on a 4.0 scale or the equivalent
- Intend to enroll for the forthcoming educational year at an accredited two or four-year college, university, or vocational-technical school in the U.S., Canada or Puerto Rico
Note that employees must be effective on Designated Employer’s payroll for a minimum of 6 months as of the Burger King scholarship application deadline date and employed at the time awards are first declared.
And that a Domestic partner refers to (i) Employee’s exclusive Domestic Partner and aims at staying so indefinitely; (ii) Employee and Domestic Partner dwell together in the same main residence and plan to dwell together indefinitely; (iii) Employee and Domestic Partner are both at least eighteen (18) years old and mentally competent to approve a contract; (iv) Employee and Domestic Partner are not blood relatives in a close enough way that would prevent marriage under acceptable law in effect where they reside; and (v) Employee and Domestic Partner are not lawfully wedded to anyone else and are not entangled in any other Domestic Partnership.
Dependent children are characterized as birth, step- or legally adopted children dwelling in the employee’s household or mainly aided by the employee.
Employees and their spouse/domestic partner might be enrolled part-time or full-time. Offspring of employees must be enrolled full-time, without break, for the whole educational year.
Additional Eligibility Requirements For the James W. McLamore WHOPPER® Scholarship
If you wish to be evaluated for the $50,000 James W. McLamore WHOPPER® Scholarship, there are extra prerequisites. You can apply via the General Track or the Employee-Based TrackBurger King scholarship, but you must also:
- Be a citizen of the United States or Canada
- Be a senior at a high school or home school in the United States, Canada, or Puerto Rico
- Be applying as a full-time freshman to a four-year accredited, college or university that is located in the United States or Canada and is immune from taxation under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code
- Before you can apply for the Burger King scholarship form, you must be maintain a total unweighted grade point average (GPA) of at least 3.3
- Maintain a least ACT Composite score of 25 or a least combined SAT score of 1220
- Indicate an effective leadership function in community service, athletics, and/or similar co-curricular activity (such as student government, team sports, fraternal life, etc)
- Indicate considerable work experience and monetary requirement
- Not be an officer, director, spouses/domestic partners or child of an officer or director of the BURGER KING℠ McLamore Foundation
How to Apply for a Burger King Scholarship
Applying becomes easy once you meet the eligibility requirements.
Since the Burger King Scholarship Program is officially regulated by Scholarship America®, you will be required to generate an account there to access the official application. Once your account is enrolled, you can commence finalizing the application in English, Spanish, or French.
The Burger King scholarship application will expect you to upload:
- A list of your work knowledge and participation in school and community activities
- A recent (official or unofficial) transcript of grades (Unofficial or online transcripts must show your name, school name, grades, and credit hours for each course and term the course was taken)
- BURGER KING® employee details if your application is to be connected with an employee
- If relevant, your family’s monetary details. A copy of your parents’ most current tax form filed with the IRS or Revenue Canada may be beneficial to look at when filling out that section of the Burger King scholarship application
After uploading all this, do not forget to submit the application. Scholarship America® will email you afterward to affirm that they have obtained your application.
Application Timeline for the Burger King Scholarship
October 15: The application for the Burger King scholarship commenced
December 15: The application for the Burger King scholarships ended
May: Scholarship America® will publish the winners of the Burger King scholarships and demand extra information
August: Winners of the Burger King scholarships will obtain scholarship checks by mail. Winners must then inform their college or university about the grant and provide the scholarship check to the school as soon as possible.
Check out other Scholarships:
- Michigan Educational Credit Union
- Hispanic Scholarship Fund
- Gates scholarship
- Law School Scholarships
- Scholarships for Women
- Medical School Scholarships
- UF Grad School Application
- College Grants for Women
- Jack Kent Cooke Scholarship
- Scholarship Essay Examples
- How to Write Scholarship Thank You Letter
- Mckay Scholarship
- Bright Futures Scholarship
- Fulbright Scholarship
- National Merit Scholarship
- Horatio Alger Scholarship
- Arkansas Scholarship Lottery
- Are Scholarships Taxable
- Coalition Application
- Excelsior Scholarship
- Hope Scholarship