Do you know that the Barry University PA program teaches students in the profession of collaborative medicine and motivates life-long learning and experienced advancement? It enables a technology vibrant setting and clinical training knowledge among different patient communities.
Kindly note that the Barry University PA program encourages students to expand capacities needed to meet the health care needs of modern society.
- 1 About Barry University PA program
- 2 Barry University PA program Accreditation
- 3 Barry University PA program Physician Assistant
- 4 What do Barry University physician assistants do?
- 5 Barry University PA program Admission Requirments
- 6 FOREIGN-BORN NON-U.S. OR NON-CANADIAN CITIZENS MUST:
- 7 Barry University PA program special consideration
- 8 Barry University PA program Application Procedure
About Barry University PA program
- Places students at two locations:
-Barry University campus in Miami
-St. Petersburg College, through a partnership with the University Partnership Center
- Performs multi-campus communication (classes and meetings) via interactive videoconferencing (IAVC).
- Executes diversity and artistic skill into the curriculum of all students at all statuses of their tuition in the Program.
- Interests in comprehensive involvement between program faculty, medical director, program director in design, enactment, and appraisal guaranteeing outcomes appraisal pertain to curriculum
- Expects that students use medical literature as fast as their first semester in order to decipher and apply proficiency for individualized patient care.
- Barry University PA program applications to any campus are evaluated through the Central Application Service for Physician Assistants (CASPA). For more details visit the Admissions Requirements.
Barry University PA program Accreditation
Physician Assistant (ARC-PA)
The Accreditation Review Commission on Education for the Physician Assistant (ARC-PA) has awarded an Accreditation-Continued degree to the Barry University PA program underwritten by Barry University. Accreditation-Continued is an accreditation stature awarded when a recently accredited program is in adherence with the ARC-PA Standards.
Accreditation continues in effect until the Barry University PA program ends or withdraws from the accreditation procedure or until accreditation is revoked for failure to conform with the Standards. The estimated date for the next verification review of the program by the ARC-PA will March 2026. The review date is contingent upon ongoing adherence with the Accreditation Standards and ARC-PA policy.
Barry University PA program Physician Assistant
Physician Assistants are highly eligible health care providers who have been educated through a tough educational and clinical curriculum to give health care services under physician administration.
Barry University PA program assistants are nationally certified health care experts who analyze and examine medical data and partake in the cycle of clinical decision making, diagnosis, and medicinal management.
What do Barry University physician assistants do?
- Perform physical exams
- Diagnose and treat ailments
- Order and decipher tests
- Advise on prophylactic health care
- Help in surgery
- Write medications
- Make rounds in nursing homes and hospitals
- PAs’ duties conform to their presiding physicians’ practice.
Barry University PA program Admission Requirments
The right candidate for admission to the Physician Assistant Program is expected to have:
- A Bachelor’s Degree (any discipline) from an accredited institution
- A cumulative GPA and science GPA equal to or higher than 3.0
- Finished General/Inorganic Chemistry – 6 credits (2 courses)
- Finished Organic Chemistry or Biochemistry – 3 credits (1 course)
- Applicants for the Barry University PA program must have finished a minimum of six semester hours (2 courses) Human Anatomy & Physiology – 8 credits (2 courses with labs). Kinesiology, Environmental Engineering, and Exercise Science will not be accepted
- Finished four semester hours (1 course with lab)of Microbiology
- Finished three extra semester hours (1 course) of Biological Science. Suitable courses are: General Biology, Zoology, Human Genetics, Histology, or Cell/Molecular Biology
- Finished a minimum of six semester hours (2 courses) in Behavioral or Social Sciences. Only Psychology, Sociology, Human Growth and Development are accepted towards the behavioral science prerequisite. Anthropology, Humanities, and Criminology courses are not accepted.
- Done the Graduate Record Examination (GRE); the Medical College Admissions Test(MCAT) may not be swapped for the GRE. Applicants for Barry University PA program whose GRE scores are over 5 years old from matriculation must re-take the GRE and submit more current scores. GRE scores must to be delivered directly to the university by ETS to institutional code 5053, program code 0634 before the application is submitted. Applications without authorized GRE scores will stay in pending status until they are obtained. GRE scores must be submitted no more than 30 business days after receipt of notification from the Admissions Office.
- Submitted official college transcripts from all institutions to CASPA for verification (required credits that are over ten years old will not be accepted );
- Submitted three letters of recommendation, (from clinical work supervisors or clinical coworkers, and academicians);
- Proof of previous knowledge in health care is highly advised;
- Kindly note that interested applicants must meet the Barry University PA program Technical and Professional Standards.
- Applicants are expected to have all required coursework finished with a C grade or higher before application submission. Any submitted applications with pending required coursework (including labs) will not be assessed. There are no variations or waivers allowed for the prerequisite science expectancy, regardless of academic background or skilled experience.
After being given a seat of provisional acceptance into Barry University PA program, ALL official (sealed) transcripts and admission documents must to be posted to Miami Campus for processing: Barry University PA program, 11300 NE 2nd Avenue, Miami Shores, Florida 33161-6695, copies sent to CASPA will not be received.
An interview is mandated and is given only at the offer of the Admissions Committee.
The Committee strongly suggests that all documentation be precise before the interview.
FOREIGN-BORN NON-U.S. OR NON-CANADIAN CITIZENS MUST:
- Applicants with foreign transcripts or non-grade transcripts are required to submit a degree identical evaluation (an authentic sealed report from a transcript evaluation service). The Foreign Credential Evaluation Report (with GPA calculation). You can discover a list of transcript evaluation service providers at www.naces.org. Foreign evaluations require to have a GPA provided.
- Have gone to a college or university in the United States for at least a year before application;
- Submit examination scores for the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), be able to communicate to others in oral English, and have the proficiency to comprehend quickly spoken colloquial English.
The nomination will be made by the committee and is given by the above criteria. Candidates are assessed in the context of the applicant pool for the year in which they seek to particulate.
Barry University PA program special consideration
As an element of an agreement with the University Partnership Center at St. Petersburg College, about four students per year, who finished from St. Petersburg College and who are admitted into the program in St. Petersburg, will obtain a tuition discount of 20%.
Barry University PA program Application Procedure
The Admissions Committee of the Physician Assistant Program at Barry University realizes that schemes to finish pre-requisite courses have been influenced by institutions’ determinations to shift to a remote education model given the national ordinances of social distancing due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Although the Program has always evaluated pre-requisites according to the grades given by institutions, it is realized that several institutions are quickly developing protocols in which spring and summer 2020 courses may be graded on a pass/fail or credit/no credit scale. So that no applicants are cut short by protocol rulings made by their institution as an outcome of this phenomenal event, the Physician Assistant Program has developed a COVID-19 Prerequisite Course Policy.
Every applicant to the Barry University PA program is expected to apply via the Central Application Service for Physician Assistants (CASPA). Applicants can commence the application procedure by going to the CASPA website at https://caspa.liaisoncas.com. Applicants may apply to just one campus (Miami Shores or St. Petersburg). Applicants for the Barry University PA program brought on for interviews will be called only to their first selection site.